Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Purchasing a recreational vehicle (RV) is a unique, exciting experience. Because RVs double as both homes and cars, they are vulnerable to more accidents than just an ordinary home or vehicle would be susceptible to. RV insurance can be an excellent way to keep your motorhome financially protected from unforeseen incidents.
Is RV Insurance a Good Idea?
If you own an RV, having an insurance policy for it is essential. California requires all RV owners to maintain RV insurance for their motorhomes. The right policy can protect you financially from accidents such as fires, collisions and vandalism by helping cover accident-related expenses. Having RV insurance is an excellent idea, even if it is not mandated by state law.
What Kind of Insurance Do You Need for an RV?
In California, RV owners must have a minimum of liability insurance, which helps insure against injuries or damage to others if you are at fault in an accident.
Although the following coverages are not required in California, you may want to learn more about including them in your insurance policy:
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance, rental car coverage and expenses protection (for expenses such as emergency hotel bills).
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for vehicle damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments coverage helps cover your medical bills and passengers’ expenses.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and vacation coverage helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
- Full-time residence insurance is intended for those permanently living in their RVs.
Reach Out Today
If you are an RV owner near Van Nuys, California, the agents at Vios Insurance can assist you in learning more about RV insurance policy options so you can decide on the right coverage for your home on wheels.
For additional information, don’t hesitate to reach out to our agency today at 818-779-4930.