Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Boats can be expensive investments. Like any motorized vehicle, a boat is susceptible to a variety of unforeseen incidents at any given moment. Whether an accident occurs out on the water or while your boat is in storage, repair and damage costs can be expensive to recover from. A boat insurance policy can help reduce out-of-pocket costs if an accident occurs against your boat.
What Are the Benefits of Boat Insurance?
There are a variety of benefits of having a boat insurance policy. First, boat insurance provides financial protection following an accident to assist with covering expenses such as recovery and repair costs. Another main benefit of having boat insurance is liability protection. Anything can happen while you’re out on the water, and having liability coverage can protect you from paying significant costs related to accidents you’re responsible for.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
Although it might vary from owner to owner, a typical boat insurance policy might include the following benefits:
- Liability coverage helps cover expenses if your boat causes damage to another person’s property.
- Medical payments coverage helps cover medical expenses if you or a passenger gets injured on your boat.
- Boat insurance property coverage helps protect your boat from various risks and potential incidents by covering costs related to incidents such as theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured boater coverage helps cover expenses if an uninsured boater collides with you and causes injury to you or your passengers.
- Total loss replacement helps cover expenses if your boat sinks or endures an accident, such as a fire, in which there is irreparable damage.
It’s important to note that your boat insurance policy might not be limited to the above coverages. Contact our agency today to learn more about potential coverages to include in your boat insurance policy.
How Does Boat Insurance Work?
Generally, boat insurance works in the form of a contract or an agreement. Your insurer provides you with financial assistance following a boating accident, such as a collision or a fire, in exchange for an insurance premium you pay for your boat. Once you hit your deductible, (the amount you pay until your insurance kicks in), your insurer will help you out.
If you live near Van Nuys, North Hollywood or San Fernando, California, we can help you out. The agents at Vios Insurance Services are dedicated to helping boat owners learn more about insurance policies to decide on the right coverage for their boats.
Contact us today at 818-779-4930 with any questions related to boat insurance.
provides coverage to boaters in California and Arizona.